In partnership with Max Francis from the True Hamiltonian, we are thrilled to launch our new “Hamilton is Thriving” t-shirt.
ON SALE NOW - $20/shirt
During these unprecedented times we are keenly aware that children, young people and families in our community are experiencing a lot of challenges. However, we also know there is an abundance of resilience, strength, compassion and caring in this community, to help make the shift from Surviving to Thriving!
We hope you will support this great cause while supplies last!
Please join us for our 2nd Annual Walk Off the Turkey for Thrive 5km Walk/Run/Stair Climb
Date: Sunday October 18, 2020
Time: 2pm (Hamilton, ON EDT)*
Location: VIRTUALLY, Anywhere, You Choose!
We're asking for participants to take part safely wherever they are - following safe physical distancing guidelines, and wearing a mask, if necessary, given where they choose to complete their 5km run/walk/stair climb.
Please consider inviting friends and family from all over the globe, to participate. Wherever they may be, we will all start at 2pm EDT.
Prizes to be awarded:
- participant who completes their 5km from a location farthest away from Hamilton.
- highest pledge earner.
For this year's event we're asking participants to send photos/video of their journey (by sending pictures, you give permission for their image/video to be posted on Thrive's social media platforms). Of course, we also hope that participants will post about the event to their own personal social media platforms using the hashtags: #walkofftheturkey, #wottforthrive, and #virtualfundraiser
We hope you will also purchase a “Hamilton is Thriving” t-shirt to wear on event day! Photos/video clips with t-shirt wearers will be another way to 'link us all together' during the event even though we will be apart.
Visit our website if you haven't already picked one up and would like to!
IMPORTANT ALERT – for Clients and Community Partners
RE: COVID-19 and OFFICE RE-OPENING UPDATE
UPDATED: Aug 20, 2020
Infection Protection and Control has been a key change in our reopening plan. We have introduced new signage on the floors and walls, wayfinding and the new ‘flow’ of the office space. Together with a new screening station in the front reception, these measures help everyone to maintain physical distancing, support hand hygiene and universal masking.
For more information, please contact our office.
Some important telephone numbers you may require during this time:
- Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST): (905) 972-8338
- Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton (CAS): (905) 522-1121
- Catholic Children’s Aid Society (CCAS): (905) 525-2012
- CAS and CCAS emergency after hours’ line: (905) 5228053
- Kids Help Phone, a Canadian charitable organization that provides 24/7 free confidential professional online and telephone counselling and volunteer-led, text-based support in English and French to youth up to age 20 across Canada
- Call 1-800-668-6868 or text CONNECT to 686868
- Visit Ontario's website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
- Visit the City of Hamilton webpage for more information about Closures & Cancellations Due to COVID-19 -https://www.hamilton.ca/alert/98886
- For more information from Public Health Hamilton on the steps being taken to protect the Health and safety of our community, please visit - https://www.hamilton.ca/node/95791
Stay safe and healthy,
Stephanie Taylor (Executive Director)
May is Sexual Assault Awareness Month - Canada recognizes this month is a time to raise awareness about the devastating impact of sexual assault and focus on the measures being taken to stop violence and support survivors. All month long, we will be sharing resources on our social media platforms to bring awareness in our community, and help support those who have been impacted. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up all month long!